Ideal for structural components in chemically harsh, high-temperature environments.
Among the most dimensionally stable thermoplastics on the market, PPS/Ryton/Techtron offer superior performance in both highly corrosive and high temperature environments. With broad resistance to a variety of acids, alkalis, ketones and hydrocarbons, the materials are suitable for a range of high performance structural components across many industries.
PPS/Ryton/Techtron products are inert to steam, compatible with common sterilization methods, and can be machined to tight tolerances.
- Polyphenylene sulfide
- Non-reinforced semi-crystalline polymer
- Tan, off-white, black
- Excellent strength and rigidity up to 425°F (220°C) continuous use
- Superior chemical resistance
- Inert to steam
- Excellent resistance to radiation
- Virtually no moisture absorption
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Exceptional electrical properties
- Inherently flame resistant (UL 94 V-0 rating)
- Rotors and rings
- Manifolds and valves
- Compressor components
- Electrical components
- Liquid chromatography components
- Drill and pump components
- Sensor components
- Pump, valve and compressor manufacturing
- Medical and pharmaceutical
- Aircraft and aerospace