Continuous Improvement Engineer
The Connecticut Plastics Division of PEP Group, under NN, Inc is a world class manufacturer that offers precision plastic machining services to a variety of markets, including medical devices, electronics, automotive, diagnostic, instrumentation, nuclear, aerospace, and many others. We are looking to add a Continuous Improvement leader to our team.
This individual would become a member of our local team and a member of the Global Operation Excellence Team of NN, Inc. He/She would be responsible for leading and participating in all aspects of the factory’s Lean and Six Sigma activities, with a focus on initiatives that are aligned with the attainment of the Local, Divisional and Corporate Operational Excellence objectives.
- Develop and execute strategic plans for implementation of a lean culture
- Working with our team to develop and execute annual transformational and cost reduction plans with a focus on Operational Excellence objectives
(Safety, Customer Satisfaction, OTD, CONC, PPM, etc.)
- Apply Lean Manufacturing knowledge to improve business and manufacturing processes. Identify and implement Lean Six Sigma initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of manufacturing operations
- Assist and support all functional areas through active planning, leading and participating in lean projects and activities throughout the organization, delivering significant improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Implement effective measures to track lean manufacturing performance. Evaluate the state of our lean progress using periodic audits. Develop and manage recovery actions as required.
- 3 years of Continuous Improvement experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field.
- Lean Certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and schedule projects
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills are required.
- Requires good organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated and require little supervision for the successful completion of projects.
- Must have excellent facilitation skills, project management skills, and drive for results.
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)