The Connecticut Plastics Division of PEP Group, under NN, Inc is a world class manufacturer that offers precision plastic machining services to a variety of markets, including medical devices, electronics, automotive, diagnostic, instrumentation, nuclear, aerospace, and many others. We are looking to add a Operations Manager to our team.
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Operations Manager directs and coordinates activities of production including Scheduling, Materials, Maintenance, Continuous Improvement and Budgeting. Liaisons with Engineering and Quality managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements. Prepares schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure timely production of products and quality of products meets customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel to accomplish production goals; establishes priorities, monitors progress, revises schedules, resolves production problems, and reports production shift results
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, facilitating corrections to malfunctions and initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Accomplishes manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching/counseling team members, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Participates in recruiting, selection, orientation, and training team members; and developing personal growth opportunities
- Ensures operation of equipment by inspecting machines and equipment to ensure maximum operational performance and requesting timely maintenance
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance data
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing team members on the importance of 5S and workplace safety
- Resolves problems by analyzing data, investigation, identifying solutions, and recommending solutions
Manages all employees related to production including Materials, Shipping/Recieveng and low level Customer Service. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of production. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; employee recognition and discipline; and complaint resolution.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Experience in a CNC Machining environment
- Minimum of three years’ experience of leadership/supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a Leader, with ability to coach/mentor.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated, requires minimal supervision for successful completion of projects
- Team player, willing to assist wherever needed
- Change Agent, supports continuous improvement efforts.